Archive for the ‘Side Dishes For Chapathi’ Category
In Weekends, i need to cook something special and also i want it done with less labour. This Gravy is one such preparation. The highlight of the gravy is, its very creamy and has healthy vegetables on it. I have prepared this Vegetable Gravy for Vegetable Pulao and Chapathi. It complimeneted well to both the main dishes.
1. Carrot – 1
2. Beans – 10
3. Potato – 1
4. Peas – 1/4 cup
5. Cauliflower – 5 small florets
6. Onion – 1
7. Tomato – 1
8. Oil – 2 tsp’s [ to saute onion and tomato ]
9. Oil – 1 tbsp [For Seasoning ]
10. Cinnamon – 1/2′ inch stick
11. Cloves – 3
12. Fresh Cream – 75ml
13. Chilli Powder – 2 tsp’s
1. Wash and Chop the Vegetables [Carrot, Beans, Potato(skin peeled) and Cauliflower] into small pieces. Steam Cook them for about 5 minutes and keep aside. / Microwave them with little water for about 4 minutes in very high mode.
2. Heat 2 tsp’s of oil in a pan,
- add chopped onion and saute it, till it turn translucent.
- add chopped Tomato and saute it along with onion for 2 minutes.
- remove from the flame and cool it down.
- grind it into a smooth paste and keep aside.
3. In a Pan, Heat a tbsp of oil,
- add cinnamon and cloves and let it fry for few seconds.
- add the steamed vegetables and fry them for a minute.
- add the grinded onion-tomato paste and mix well.
- add salt and chilli powder according to your taste.
4. Add Fresh cream and stir well along with vegetables. slow the flame and rest the gravy for about 4 to 5 minutes in the pan.
Garnish with chopped corriander leaves and serve it with Rice or Roti.
Aloo Gobi Masala is my favourite, when i go to restaurant’s, But never intended to try it at home till i saw Meeta’s Punjabi Aloo Gobi. i took the key ingredients from her recipe and went ahead with my own way of making curry. it came out So Good. we liked it a lot. Thou its a dry one, you can make it in gravy form by adding Fresh Cream in the last. Iam sure this recipe will amaze you all, as it amazed us.
Garlic – 5 cloves
Green Chilli -1
Ingredients for Leek Potato Dal:
1. Leek – 1
2. Potato – 1
3. Moong Dal – 1/4 cup
4. Dry Mango Powder / Amchur Powder – 1/4 tsp
5. Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp (optional)
* Chop the Leek’s Green Stem Part, as shown in the above Picture.
* Peel the Skin of Potato and chop them.
* Wash the Moong Dal.
* Put all the Leek, Potato, Moong Dal in a wide-bottomed Pressure Cooker. Pour some water till they are totally immersed in.
* Cook them till the cooker releases 4 whistle’s. wait till the steam escapes and open the cooker.
* Now Cool and Blend them togeather. add Salt and Amchur/Dry Mango Powder to the dal and mix well.
* If you wish, add some Chaat Masala.
* If you want the dal to be spicy, add Green Chilli’s in the Pressure Cooker, and remove it before you blend.
The taste was so mild and i liked it along with Chapathi’s.
Send in your entries for IAVW – Moracco.
Ingredients You Require:
Mushroom’s – 200gms
Red Onion – 1 ( of Medium size, Finely Chopped)
Tomatoes – 2 (Chopped)
Dry Red Chilli – 2
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Corriander Powder – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – 5
Corriander Leaves Finely Chopped – 2 tsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Saunf /Sombu – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Mince the following with your Spice Grinder:
Garlic – 5 pod’s
Ginger – 1/2 inch size
Green Chilli – 1
How to Prepare:
1. Have Garlic, Ginger and Green Chilli in spice your Spice Grinder, mince them
2. Wash the Mushroom’s and Let them dry. You can also wipe them with a clean cloth.
3. Chop the Onion’s and Tomatoe’s finely.
4. Heat the Oil in a Kadaai / Pan. Add Mustard, when it pop’s, add Saunf , tored
5. Add Onion’s and fry them. add tomatoe’s and fry along with onion’s.
6. Add Turmeric Powder, Salt, Corriander powder and Pepper Powder to the
7. Add the Mushroom’s, and mix well with the masala. Mushroom’s get cooked in 2-3
Now these Spicy Chettinaad Mushroom Masala moves to my RCI – Pondicherry Cuisine.
Paneer always delight me, with its chewy texture. as it get the juices in from the gravy part, its alway’s my favourite. My craze to Paneer Butter Masala turned into these Chinese Style Chilli Paneer. I wanted to record this dish on my blog, and here you are..
Method: 1. If your Paneer was refregirated, de-frost using your microwave or put in warm water for a minute and squeeze the water. [This is to make your Paneer Soft]. Cut the Paneer in small cube shape’s and keep aside. 2. In a Pan, Heat the oil, and add Ginger-Garlic Paste, Chopped Onion’s and fry them well, till they turn translucent. add tomatoes and Green Chilli’s and mix well with the Onion. 3. Add the Paneer Cube’s to Onion, Tomato and mix well. Add all the sauces mentioned and salt. Toss them well, till they get along with each other. 4. Now Garnish with Corriander Leave’s and Spring Onion’s. Serve with Chapathi’s or any Indian Flat Bread’s. The sauces were nicely absorbed by the Paneer, and it tasted so Good too, with the onion, tomato, chilli’s. The Recipe is so simple and it need’s very little oil. I have to try this with Tofu, to mak eit Low fat and a healthy dish.
1. If your Paneer was refregirated, de-frost using your microwave or put in warm water for a minute and squeeze the water. [This is to make your Paneer Soft]. Cut the Paneer in small cube shape’s and keep aside.
2. In a Pan, Heat the oil, and add Ginger-Garlic Paste, Chopped Onion’s and fry them well, till they turn translucent. add tomatoes and Green Chilli’s and mix well with the Onion.
3. Add the Paneer Cube’s to Onion, Tomato and mix well. Add all the sauces mentioned and salt. Toss them well, till they get along with each other.
4. Now Garnish with Corriander Leave’s and Spring Onion’s.
Serve with Chapathi’s or any Indian Flat Bread’s.
The sauces were nicely absorbed by the Paneer, and it tasted so Good too, with the onion, tomato, chilli’s. The Recipe is so simple and it need’s very little oil. I have to try this with Tofu, to mak eit Low fat and a healthy dish.
- First Soak a cup of chana dal in warm water for an hour.
- Grind it along with 1/2 tsp Fennel/Saunf, 3 Dry Red Chilli, little salt, few Curry leaves and with 2tbsp of water in which it was soaked.
- This should be grinded coarsely with less water.
- Shape the paste into medium sized ball’s.
- Microwave it for 3 minute’s. (or) Steam them for 4-5 minute’s.
Ingredients for the Gravy:
1. Onion-1 finely sliced
2. Tomatoes-2 finely sliced
3. Tamarind- one small lemon size.
4. Jaggery-2 tbsp’s
5. Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
6. Chilly Powder-2 tsp ( I use Aachi Kuzhambhu Milagaai thool)
7. Corriander Powder-3 tsp
8. Oil – 4tbsp
9. Mustard-1/4 tsp
10. Curry Leaves-10
11. Corriander Leaves- 2tsp
1. Heat Oil in a Kadaai/ Pan. add mustard seeds, when it makes sound, add curry leaves.
2. Add finely sliced onions and saute it well. Now add Tomatoes and saute it well, till they mix with each other.
3. Soak the Tamarind in a 1.2 cup of warm water for 5 minutes. and squeeze the tamarind and keep it aside.
4. Add little bit of salt, Turmeric powder, Chilli Powder and Corriander powder to the onion-tomato mix in the pan.
5. Add the steamed chana dal ball’s to the pan and coat the ball’s with the masala.
6. Add Tamarind water and let it boil, add Jaggery here. and close the pan with it’s lid and let it sit on low flame for about 5-7 minutes.
7. Add Corriander Leaves to Garnish.
This is best with Hot Rice and for Dosa/Idli even for the next day. as there is no coconut added.
Iam sending her this as my entry. Do check in at her place for a variety of dishes.
1. Okra/Ladies Finger- 15
2. White Whole Urad Dal-1/4 cup( soaked for an hour)
5. Ginger-1/2 inch(finely chopped)
6. Green Chili-2(slitted vertically)
7. Chilly Powder-1 tsp
8. Turmeric Powder-a pinch
9. Oil -1 tbsp
10.Potato-1(peel the skin and cut it into cubes)
- Dry Red chilli-2
- Green chilli-1
- Oil-1 tsp
- Mustard-1/4 tsp
- Chana Dal-1/4 cup(soaked for 2 hours)
- Curry Leaf-8/10
- Garlic-3 cloves
First Soak the Chana Dal for 2hrs, or atleast 30 mins. then pressure cook the chana dal, with the chopped Beetroot, salt and garlic with some water.
Cut the Onion’s finely. In a Pan, Heat the oil and add mustard, when it makes some sound add curry leaf, red and green chilli’s. saute them well. now add the onion’s and saute them.
When onions are cooked, add the beetroot and chana dal, say the pressure cooked one’s to the pan and mix well.
Add salt and let it boil. add water to get a desired consistency.
Now serve it with Hot Rice or with soft chapathi’s.
It tasted so good with chana dal. Since i prepare lunch, only for me, this single dish was like a whole meal for me. If you prefer, you can also add coconut, when it is prepared dry, without any water added.
- Bengal Gram Flour: 1/2 cup
- Curd: 1 Cup
- Oil-10tbsp(8 tbsp to fry the Pakodi’s, 2 for Seasoning)
- Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1 pinch
- Baking Soda/Sodium-Bi-Carbonate-a light pinch
- Garlic- 2 cloves(finely chopped)
- Mustard-1/4 tsp
- Cumin-1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida-a pinch
- Curry Leaves-8
Take the Gram flour(Have 2tsp aside-for making kadhi), add few cumin, asafoetida, chilli powder, little salt, baking soda and mix well. add little water and make it as your Bajji/Fritter’s dough. Heat oil and fry this Pakodi’s till they are cooked. need not fry till they reach golden color. Now keep your pakodi’s aside.
Have a cup of curd, and add little turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, asafoetida and mix well. set this aside.
Now in a pan, add 2 tsp oil and heat it, when its heated, add mustard and let it make some sound, add the cumin and curry leaves. add onion’s, finely chopped garlic and fry them. now add the curd mixture and the pakodi’s. let them on stove for 2 more minutes and switch off the flame.
You can prepare this in less than 15 minute’s and this is perfect with rice and chapathi’s.
Scroll Down to Catch up Other Foodie’s..